Monday, August 25, 2008

RESTAURANT YU AI - SEGAMBUT SEAFOOD NOODLE




I was on half day leave today to service my car at Toyota Service Center in Segambut. Suppose to do it over the past 2 weekends but hardly got the time to do so. Anyway, I do not wish to procrastinate any longer as I suppose to service my car at 5000km but it's already 5500km now.
Since the service appointment is at 1pm, I've decided to have my lunch nearby the area which is not too far away from the infamous Segambut Seafood Noodle at Restaurant Yu Ai. I didn't have my breakfast in the morning and was quite hungry that time, so I ordered a large bowl of noodle and a cup of cincau to go with it. I've been to this Restaurant many years ago and I remember it cost about RM12 per bowl. It is considered quite expensive for a bowl of noodle. However, since I couldn't re-collect how it taste, no harm trying it again, expecting the price didn't change much. After the meal, I requested for the bill and to my amazement,it cost RM17 per bowl and RM2.20 for just a cup of cincau.My jaw almost drop...The cashier somemore gave me the Restaurant namecard. RM17 for a bowl of noodle?? Cincau for RM2.20?? This is madness....I was surprised there were quite many customers despite the ridiculous price charged. I've told myself that it's going to be my last time ever to step into this Restaurant. In fact, it's not the price that matters but it's just not worth paying for a bowl of noodle. To me, it taste just like any curry noodle you can find in Jalan Alor / Jalan Imbi except that the portion is slightly larger, that's all!! I will definitely boy-cott this place!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Forecast